Second Shift Supervisor
Delta Peanut is searching for a Second Shift Supervisor to work at the Jonesboro Shelling Plant.
Duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:Duties/Responsibilities:
- Supervise employees who will be moving cleaning, shelling, sorting, sizing, and packaging peanuts.
- Set and operate shelling equipment.
- Will complete daily checks as described in Delta Peanut’s food safety program.
- Performs basic maintenance and sanitation required to keep the plant running.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least two years related experience required.
- This is a safety sensitive position.
- Requires periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Primarily an indoor work area, however some work will be outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift, carry or shovel objects weighing up to 50 pounds at times.
- Able to climb stairs and ladders.