Buying Point Specialist
Delta Peanut is searching for a Buying Point Specialist at its Kennett, MO Buying Point location.Job Summary
The Buying Point Specialist is an administrative assistant who assists with the organization of the buying point office to ensure loads of peanuts are properly weighed and recorded prior to leaving the buying point. This is a highly responsible role and requires the candidate to be highly focused and detailed oriented.
Duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:Duties/Responsibilities:
- Oversight of the scale room.
- Tracking loads of peanuts as they come into the buying point from the fields.
- Entering information on the loads of peanuts as they are graded.
- Coordinating with in-house USDA graders.
- Maintaining current paperwork as required by the USDA.
- Other duties as determined as assigned by management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Available to work overtime and weekends during the harvest season
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least two years related experience required.
- Grain operation experience preferred as well as some scale experience would be a bonus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Full-time hourly position with a high amount of overtime during harvest will be required.